banana nut bread.
My dad LOVES banana bread. Seriously, the man would probably choose a good banana bread over most other treats. Because of this, I've spent many years perfecting my recipe and this is the very best one I've ever had.
3 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup chocolate chips (or cut up Reese cups)
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees; grease a loaf pan.
2. Mash bananas, milk, and cinnamon in small bowl, set aside.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl, set aside.
4. Using a mixer, cream butter until texture is "whipped", then slowly add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. (Because this recipe uses brown instead of white sugar, it will not be super fluffy. Don't worry!)
5. Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. Stir in banana mixture to butter mixture.
7. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture until blended.
8. Fold in chocolate and nuts.
9. Bake at 325 for (about) 70 minutes. Fork inserted in middle should come out clean when bread is finished.
I've also made this recipe with almond milk instead of cow milk and egg whites for a "healthier" version and it is just as tasty.
I love this recipe because it is super easy but SO good. Bring it to your next get-together, it's sure to not disappoint.